Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Pure Awesomeness of My Mami!

A few weeks ago my parents came to visit me and my husband (it was the first time my dad hd been to our place) to bring me some necessities for the impending beginning of winter. [I still haven‘t really moved; 3/4 of my belongings is still in my old room in Germany]

It‘s just like my mom to not onlythink of of the few things I had asked her for, but to also bring tons of groceries (she always thinks that I am not getting enough food - no matter where I am; I have no idea how many times she sent enormous boxes with all kinds of delikatessen to the US to make sure I was eating), some newspaper articles, magazines, some letters I had received and this:


„Do not open before December 1st.“


Can you guess what was in this package?


I am a huge child when it comes to my Advent Calendar. Every year, I get giddy with excitement when I think about opening one of those tiny 24 doors every single day.
To me, the chocolate in those calendars is better than any other chocolate you can possible imagine. It must be sentimental, because, as we all know, it is not high-qualitiy chocolate. Or maybe it is the simplicity of it?! Whatever it is, I love it.
Needless to say, I was super excited when I saw that my mom had thought of me and my weakness for Advent Calendars. I really had not expected this and was quite touched.

Being the well-behaved daughter I am, I did not open this gift until this morning (December 1st). And, guess what, she gave me 2 (!!!!!) chocolate calendars.





So, I get to open 2 doors every day now!!!

My inner child is as happy as can be.


THANK YOU, MOMMY. I wish you could have seen the HUGE smile on my face when I saw those calendars.


HAPPY DECEMBER, MY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment