Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Original Song"

I remember the very first time I saw the TV show Glee in St. Tropez during our vacation in September 2009 and I instantly fell with this show. I love musicals, I love music in general, I love TV, I love drama, I love sarcasm and comedy. Glee combines all of the above. So, this series is the perfect mix for me. And the first season was PHENOMENAL. 
However, there have been quite a few episodes in the 2nd half of season 2 that were a bit disappointing (apart from the ones with Gwyneth Paltrow). 

The latest episode was, in my opinion, absolutely fantastic. 
Here are a few thoughts I jotted down while watching it.

1. Rachel's song "Get it Right" totally gave me goosebumps. Great, great job!
2. Santana can sing like there is no tomorrow. She hasn't really had many opportunities to show her talent, but I am VERY impressed. I would love to see her getting more solos.
3. The song "Loser Like Me" was a PERFECT choice. I think it ties the entire show together. Kudos to the writers!
4. But why in the world do they always have to wear those ugly costumes? Is that a rule? Can't they just wear something nice and pretty or cool, just this once?

The color of the dresses? The leggings? The shoes? I mean, are they serious???
5. The Warblers are really going on my nerves. It is time to get rid of them and have Kurt join New Directions again.  
6. As much as I love the glee club's cover versions (which are sometimes even better than the original ones), I really enjoyed listening to them sing songs exclusively written for the them. I don't pay attention to spoilers, so I have no idea if this is a thing they will keep doing or if it was an exception for this episode, but I hope they can sneak in an original song every once in a while.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with all your points (really, those shoes?) except 5. I LOVE The Warblers, mainly because I love the group that does the vocals for them. The Tufts Beelzebubs have become my favourite group to listen to over the past few months. Their vocals are amazing, and they are very funny to watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZylfH2cQjpY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like being preached to politically in my entertainment. If I wanted to hear "all conservatives are racist, homophobic bigots", I'd watch MSNBC.

    And that goes both ways too. For a show like Glee, I'd be just as upset if they preached from the other end of the aisle. I want to be ENTERTAINED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I did alright sharing a few of your points on the podcast. Kien likes to keep things going, so we don't spend too much time on each show. I did my best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff, what exactly are you referring to? The entire show or jus this particular episode?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winnie, I had never even heard of the Tufts Beelzebubs, but they really ARE funny to watch. Thanks for sharing the video. :)

    ReplyDelete