Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Amy - We love you


Today, I was going to write about the fact that today is the day that will decide whether I can stay at the clinic for 4 more weeks or whether I will have to leave immediately.

However, this seems so very insignificant compared to the news I have heard about my fellow gspn.tv member and long lasting friend, Amy Wright. Amy has been suffering from Ulcerative Colitis for 20 years and has been diagnosed with cancer only a short time ago. Throughout this time, I have never heard Amy complain or quarrel with her fate. Far from it! Here is what she wrote on her facebook page:




I am still speechless and in awe of Amy's courage, her optimism and her grace in dealing with this unfathomable situation. Her attitude is more than inspiring and the strength she has shown over the last few weeks is remarkable. Amy is an incredible person and I am blessed to have gotten to know her.  


She was there from the very beginning, always sending me notes of encouragement, giving me perspective, making me laugh, she always had a kind word and reached out to me numerous times.
I am having a hard time finding the right words. So, instead I would like to suggest you read the posts of two wonderful bloggers who have the special gift to always find the right way of expressing what most people are feeling; Cliff Ravenscraft and AlisonL.


http://300sixtyfive.blogspot.com/2011/04/day-316-saying-goodbye-one.html
(WARNING: reading this blog will definitely make you cry, I was sobbing for a good half hour...)

I would like to ask you to please pray for Amy and her family and loved ones.
Here is a link to Amy's facebook page:

Amy, thank you for being such a blessing! You are loved!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Anne. Don't ever doubt how wonderful YOU are at conveying what you feel and it helps so many...

    ReplyDelete