Monday, January 31, 2011

Just what I needed to be reminded of today.

Originally, I was going to start to write about our first few days in Yaoundé (which I know a lot of you want to hear about), but – as I have said this morning – my thoughts are still so scattered that I am having a writer’s block. There is so much to tell, but I do not know where to start. I really should have written everything down while we were in Cameroon, but I just did not have the time.

Anyways, I am repeating myself.

Valerie and I spent the morning together, enjoying some coffee/ hot chocolate, talking about everything and nothing, just having a good time before running some errands in the bitter cold. I don’t know why we even left the house. It is freeeeeezing here in Germany. I really wish I could go back to Cameroon. *sigh*

During her time in Cameroon Valerie started to read the bible every morning with Joseph (her boyfriend) and she decided to continue her daily devotionals here in Germany too. So, we went to a Christian bookstore to buy a bible and two books of Daily Bible Verses.

While she was choosing a bible, I was looking around the store and I noticed a beautiful postcard with 2 Timothy 1:7 written on it:

“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”

I had chosen this scripture as my confirmation reading and it was exactly what I needed to hear in that moment as all of my fears and anxieties came back when we arrived in Europe again.

Needless to say, I bought the card and have read this verse over and over again today (although I have known it by heart since I was 13 years old) and it helped me get through the day, it kept me thinking and gave me strength. I love this verse and always have and I cannot believe that I needed to see this and read this postcard before remembering it.

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Isn’t this passage just beautiful, comforting and so full of hope?!

No comments:

Post a Comment