Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The night I knew who I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

Today, my husband and I spent a magnificent day full of joy, laughter and love: a much needed day for the 2 of us after all the holiday craziness and the painful realization of my eating disorder.

We decided to go hiking. Because of the perfect weather, we spent the entire day outside.

We climbed to the top of Uetliberg mountain, Zürich’s local mountain and the place where we had dinner exactly 7 months ago today.

It was a Saturday evening (only the day after we had met each other for the very first time) when we took the Sihltal Zürich Uetliberg Bahn railway to the Uetliberg Station and had dinner "above the rooftops of Zürich".




While having a delicious dinner with the most breathtaking view you can possibly imagine, we were observing an Italian wedding party for hours and hours. It was loud,
fascinating, romantic and grandiose.

Naturally, we started to talk about marriage & what it meant to us.

It was one of the most memorable, profound and touching conversations I had ever had.
At one point, I told him that I had always dreamed of a beach wedding, very intimate with just a select group of people. It
turned out that he wanted the same and to this day Andreas claims that this was my way of proposing to him. LOL




While I have to disagree with him, I knew right then and there that he was going to be my husband.

1 comment:

  1. That view is breathtaking!

    I love your story :-)

    ReplyDelete