Sunday, February 20, 2011

Haricots verts

While I am working on a blog post about my conversation with a therapist and the decisions that I am faced with now, I present to you a some lines about the most delicious food. 
Ahhhh, the irony...

Everybody who knows me, knows how much I love green beans; especially when my mom prepares them. In my opinion, she makes the best green beans in the world.
Well, that is what I thought before visiting Cameroon.
The beans there taste so incredibly delicious that I think I could go through my whole life without eating anything else.
You can taste that they are fresh, not processed, not imported, not chemically altered etc. I believe I ate them every night.*
We took a huge bag of fresh green beans home with us and ate them on the weekend. Yummy yum yum.

The same applies to most vegetables, fruit (as I have heard; even my husband, who never eats fruit, couldn't get enough of it during our vacation), meat and, of course, fish. Everything just tastes a whole lot richer and much more intense. 




What?! No, I am NOT eating an ananas!

But the beans, oh the beans were soooooooo good. 





Here are some impressions of the delicious food we enjoyed during our vacation:






*I tried my very best to NOT have a bad conscience while eating, but I wasn't successful. However, it was easier to eat than usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment