Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address


I watched this speech of Steve Jobs around 2am this morning because I could not sleep. Rarely have I heard a more inspiring speech. These are words that one should listen to every morning before starting one's day and I am sure it would make a huge difference on one's decisions. This is a speech that definitely gave me that much needed kick in the butt. It made me want to stop procrastinating and finally go ahead and really get into the A to Z podcasting tutorials.
Ok, admittedly, a huge factor of why I am still lingering and haven't gotten past the first steps is that I fell into this deep black hole without seeing a reason to move on, even to live. So, if you are struggling with that, you certainly don't have the energy to learn the necessary steps on how to podcast.

A second reason for not moving forward with the tutorials is that I am awfully scared of failing again. This is a fear that paralyzes me. I love being creative, I love the possibilities offered to me by Cliff Ravenscraft and I love that I get to be part of this special class; but now that it is getting serious, some part of me is blocked. I almost feel like I need someone to sit next to me holding my hand while I go through every single step or tutorial. I will work through those issues and I will *try* very hard to stay confident.

After a wonderful weekend in Germany (only disturbed by my brother on Saturday night and Sunday morning), a fun day at the office with my husband, I feel like I have the necessary "drive" to continue with my work.

Now, go and watch this video! Go, go, go! ;)

5 comments:

  1. That was indeed a good way to start the day!

    One of the great struggles in my life is something that is a constant. It's not something that can be cured, or resolved, or can have a resolution. It will be an ongoing challenge in my life. Sometimes I find myself with that why go on feeling too. I have had to shift how I think about things a bit.

    Getting up of the floor when we get down is HEROIC. In my life it helps me to look at it this way. I call it my super power. Sometimes if I focus on what needs to get done once I get up, I get overwhelmed. I just worry about getting up again. Usually once I'm up I have a new perspective.

    Finding something you can get excited about is a great way to get that forward momentum started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The greatest thing we can fear is fear itself. Just go ahead and do it. The old saying, "If you build it, they will come" is true. If you podcast, people will listen.

    I have faith in you. I think you will be a great asset and influence on others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to start calling you Jay Jr. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Edith. I will keep working on myself.

    ReplyDelete