Saturday, May 28, 2011

What color does your day have?

I had the weirdest dream on Tuesday night, a dream that is too complicated, too confusing and too complex to describe. Let’s just say it was a combination of my trip to Africa, LOST, the plane in the Hudson river and my marriage…
This dream was so powerful that it still lingers on in my mind, it still affects the way I feel today.
It is interesting how a dream can determine the color of your day, the mood, your feelings, the way you go about things etc.


So, the color of my day on Tuesday was orange, a very bright African orange. I cannot really explain it, but this color was omnipresent in my mind. Do you know that “feeling”? Do dreams ever affect you in such an enormous way?
On Tuesday I felt like I could die from melancholy, and it still has not really worn off. I miss my sister more than usually, I think about our trip to Cameroon all the time and I am homesick for Yaoundé, Valeries little house there and the time we spent there.

I have since dreamed quite a lot (last night I dreamed of Mad Men), but none of these dreams has had the same effect on me. So, my color of the day still remains the same.
I hope that it will change soon though. After all, I want to experience all colors of the rainbow and not just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment